- (2) 14-16 oz extra-firm tofu
- 1/4 cup tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ketcup, barbecue sauce, mustard for dipping
- Press the tofu: Line your counter or a plate with a few paper towels. Place the tofu block on top, add a few more layers of paper towel on top, then place something heavy on top. I use my small cast iron pan. You can also use a plate with a few cans on top, or a heavy book or 2. Let the tofu press for at least 15 minutes to remove excess water, and up to an hour.*
- Slice the tofu into 1/2 inch thick strips, and place in a large bowl. Drizzle the soy sauce over the tofu and allow to marinate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, salt and seasonings in a medium bowl. Coat the marinated tofu strips with the dry mixture and place on baking sheet, one by one.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then carefully turn the tofu fingers over and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Serve with ketchup, barbecue sauce or mustard and with a side of fries for a super kid-friendly and fun dinner!
Recipe source: http://noracooks