For the Tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried thyme
- ½ Tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 5 pound Certified Angus Beef® tenderloin trimmed
- fresh parsley chopped
For the Parmesan Butter
- 4 oz. unsalted butter room temperature
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Using a small bowl, combine oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and mustard powder. Rub spice mixture evenly over entire tenderloin.
- Place tenderloin on rack of a small roasting pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Continue roasting for 60 minutes (for medium doneness), or until internal temperature reaches 135°-140°F.
- Remove tenderloin from oven and tent lightly with foil. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the parmesan butter by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush this mixture on top of the roast.
- Slice roast and serve.
Recipe source: http://spicedblog