- 2 tablespoons (1oz) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (50g) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup of your favorite strong black coffee very hot
- 1-3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Whipped cream optional
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add heavy cream, brown sugar, and salt. Stir well.
- Bring to a gentle simmer and allow to cook for 4 minutes, until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and mix in vanilla. Transfer to a mason jar with a lid for storage.
- Stir coffee, 1 tablespoon of the caramel, sugar, and cream together. Taste and add more sugar if needed.
- Top with whipped cream and another drizzle of caramel if desired.
- Drink and enjoy that $4.50 you just saved yourself.
Recipe source: http://bakingmischief