- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 15 oz. Can Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 1 stalk Green Onion chopped
- 1 Lime sliced into four wedges
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/4 cup Cilantro divided
- 2 Limes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Avocado
- 1/3 of Homemade Salsa
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 450F. Pierce potatoes with a knife or fork in several different places. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until soft throughout. While the potatoes are baking, prepare the stuffing.
- Prepare the Salsa: Dice the tomatoes and red onion, transfer to a medium bowl. Chop cilantro, then add 3 tbsp. of cilantro to the bowl, set the rest aside for later. Squeeze lime juice into the bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Prepare the Guacamole. Scoop avocado into a separate medium bowl. Mash well, then add onion powder, garlic powder and 1/3 of the homemade salsa. Add salt and pepper. Mix well, set aside.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, heat frozen corn in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Remove from microwave, then add in black beans and 1/2 of the remaining salsa mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well, set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven and let sit until just cool enough to handle. Slice potatoes in half, stopping about 1/2 way through so the bottom portion of the potato is still in tact (this will keep things from getting too messy and make the potato itself a sort of bowl to hold the stuffing without falling apart). Mash the center of each potato with a fork.
- Stuff baked sweet potato with black bean mixture, followed by salsa, then guacamole. Top with green onions and remaining cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge on the side.
Recipe source: http://savorandsavvy