- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 21 ounces (600g) shrimp (or prawns), tails on or off
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Lemon slices (to serve)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a non stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the honey, lemon juice and garlic; stir well to combine all of the flavours together and cook for 30 seconds until the garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat.
- Pour out just over half of the honey garlic butter from the pan, leaving 2 tablespoons in the pan; reserve the rest for later.
- Add 2 teaspoons of the oil into the same pan and sear half of the shrimp for about 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked through and no longer opaque. Transfer to a plate; set aside. Wipe pan over with paper towel and repeat with remaining oil and shrimp.
- Throw the cooked shrimp back into the pan and pour in the remaining honey garlic butter sauce, stirring through the shrimp to evenly coat. Season with salt and pepper if desired and garnish with parsley.
Recipe source: cafedelites