- 2 good-quality sub rolls (or Italian bread)
- Red Wine Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- 8 slices Genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 8 slices Capicola, thinly sliced
- 8 slices ham, thinly sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Thinly sliced 1/2 green bell pepper
- Thinly sliced 1/4 red onion
- Thinly sliced tomato
- 1 cup shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon sliced, black olives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon peperoncini (optional)
- Split the sub rolls lengthwise in half, and scoop some of the bread out of each half; drizzle a bit of the Red Wine Vinaigrette onto both top and bottom halves.
- On the bottom half, layer a couple of slices of each of the meats, followed by a couple of slices of provolone; do another layer of the meats follow by the mozzarella.
- Add some of the thinly sliced veggies, and drizzle a little more of the vinaigrette over those; add a little extra sprinkle of salt and pepper before covering the sandwich with the top half of the roll.
Red Wine Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (dried Italian herbs)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Add all ingredients except for the olive oil into the bowl of a food processor, and process for about 20-30 seconds until well blended; with the processor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until everything is well emulsified and blended.
- Keep vinaigrette in a covered container, and store any unused portion in fridge for up to a couple of weeks.
Recipe source: http://thecozyapron