Cranberry Rosemary Marinade
- 1/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken thighs about 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary plus more for garnish, if desired
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 9×3″ baking dish
- pastry brush
- Combine all marinade ingredients in food processor or blender and process until smooth. Place chicken, skin side up, in a 9×13″ baking dish and pour marinade over, spreading to coat chicken evenly. Cover and marinate in the fridge at least 30 minutes, up to 24 hours.
- 30 minutes before baking, remove dish from oven and let stand at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375º. With a spoon, scrape marinade from the chicken skin, leaving in the baking dish. Brush skins with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season skins with plenty of salt. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of fresh cranberries and 4 sprigs of rosemary around chicken thighs.
- Bake for 22 minutes then remove from oven and preheat broiler. Discard cooked rosemary sprigs.
- Brush 1 tablespoon maple syrup over chicken thighs skin. Place under broiler, about 10″ from heating element, and broil 5-7 minutes or until skin is crispy and getting dark in places. Watch carefully to make sure the skin browns evenly and does not burn, moving the dish around to brown evenly if necessary.
- Remove from oven and spoon cranberries and sauce on top of chicken. Garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs and serve immediately with plenty of sauce.
Recipe source: http://40aprons