- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp garlic olive oil or 1 tsp garlic powder and 1 additional tablespoon avocado oil
Garlic Dijon Sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini or almond butter
- 2 tbsp coarse dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp garlic olive oil or olive oil plus 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- Preheat the oven to 425F
- Trim the brown woody edges from the brussel sprouts if needed. Cut the brussel sprouts in half lengthwise
- Place parchment paper or a silicon liner on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Add the brussels to the baking sheet and drizzle 1 tbsp avocado oil and 1 tsp salt over the brussels. Stir them well with your hands
- Place brussels in the oven for 20 minutes at 425F.
- After 20 minutes, remove the brussels from the oven and flip them around, making sure that both sides can get brown and crispy. Place brussels back in the oven
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes at 425F. While brussels are baking, make the garlic dijon sauce
- After 5 minutes, remove the brussels and pour 1 tbsp garlic olive oil (or 1 tbsp olive oil + 1 tsp garlic powder) over the brussels. Stir well and place back in the oven 2 more minutes.
- After 2 minutes remove the brussels and serve with the garlic dijon sauce
Garlic dijon sauce
- Combine the ingredients for the garlic dijon sauce in a small bowl and stir well with a spoon until combined.
Recipe source: http://bitesofwellness