- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups non-dairy milk, such as soy or almond
- 1/2 cup mashed or pureed sweet potato (see note)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients (all purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon). Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Stir together the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the well, mixing with a wooden spoon to combine. Don’t overmix; it’s okay if a few lumps remain.
- Lightly grease a medium skillet with nonstick spray. Place on the stove over medium heat. Add 1/4 cup pancake mixture at a time, smoothing to make round circles as needed. Flip the pancakes when the tops start bubbling, or when sufficiently browned.
- Enjoy with maple syrup, walnuts, or coconut cream. Store in a fridge safe container for 2-3 days. Reheats best on the stove at medium low heat.
Recipe source: http://cozypeachkitchen