- 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lavender extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Violet food coloring
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
for the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until throughly combined.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan and about 1/2 inch up the side.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes until the crumbs are set.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
for the filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat on high for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, lavender extract, honey and salt and mix until just combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl with a spatula after each addition.
- Add a few drops of violet food coloring and mix until desired color.
- Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- Add heavy cream and mix until combined.
- Wrap the outside of your springform pan in aluminum foil.
- Pour cream cheese filling into springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place the pan inside a high-sided roasting pan.
- Create a water bath by filling the roasting pan with hot water until you reach halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- After an hour and a half, turn the oven off and crack the door open 1 inch.
- Leave the cheesecake like this for 1 hour.
- After an hour, take the cheesecake out of the oven and place aluminum foil over the top (making sure the foil does not actually touch the cheesecake).
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
for the topping
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, honey, vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Spread mixture over the top of the cooled cheesecake.
Recipe source: http://sprinklesforbreakfast