- 4 Skinless Bone-in Chicken Thighs
- Kosher Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Cup Diced Shallots
- 1/2 Cup Diced Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon Herbs De Provence
- 1/2 Cup White Wine, Or Stock
- 1 14 Ounce Can Crushed Tomatoes With Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 6 Ounce Can Kalamata or Black Olives, Optional
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes, Optional
- Wash the chicken and pat dry, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the pressure cooker pot on saute mode. When the display reads hot, add the oil, then add the chicken thighs in a single layer, cooking for 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the shallots, bell pepper, and mushrooms and saute until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and herbs de Provence and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the wine and deglaze the pot, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom with a wooden spoon and stirring them into the liquid. Cook until the wine is reduced by half.
- Set the chicken on top of the contents in the pot, then pour in the tomatoes and their juices and the tomato paste.
- Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 12 minutes, then allow the pressure to naturally release, about 10 minutes. Open the vent at the top and remove the lid.
- Stir in the olives and red pepper flakes if using. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve over pasta, spaghetti squash, or polenta garnished with basil or parsley.
Recipe source: http://thesaltymarshmallow