- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (I use double acting baking powder for extra fluffiness)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk (1%, 2%, skim, almond, coconut all work)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, almond meall, sugar baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla; until smooth.
- Gently fold the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir until smooth. It is okay if the batter has a few lumps. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter onto hot waffle iron and bake in batches.
- Serve the waffles immediately with butter and maple syrup, or your choice of toppings. Waffles are best enjoyed the same day. Extras may be refrigerated up to 3 days. Waffles may be frozen, up to 3 months, then warmed in the toaster.
Recipe source: http://layersofhappiness