- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Dutch Process Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup one stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar plus additional for sprinkling
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 13.4 ounce can Nestle Dulce de Leche
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and cayenne. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed. Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (1 1/2 inch) drop dough 2 inches apart onto prepared sheet.Sprinkle tops with additional granulated sugar.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until surface shows some cracking. Cookies should be on the soft side.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.
- Assembling cookies: Spread a heaping tablespoon of dulce de leche filling on the bottom of one cookie and top with another cookie, sandwiching together.
Recipe source: thebeachhousekitchen