- 2 bunches asparagus ends trimmed
- ½ cup gluten-free flour 1-to-1 blend
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk almond milk or soy milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs gluten-free
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Parsley optional
- Parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In three separate bowls or pans (large enough to fit the length of the asparagus spears) place the following:
- Bowl 1: Gluten-free flour blend.
- Bowl 2: Whisk together the eggs, milk and olive oil.
- Bowl 3: Toss the cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Take 4-5 asparagus spears at a time and place them in bowl 1 (flour blend), dip them in bowl 2 (egg wash), and then coat them in bowl 3 with the Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining asparagus spears.
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place coated asparagus spears evenly spaced out onto the baking sheets.
- Spritz asparagus spears with butter or coconut-flavored non-stick cooking spray and bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Halfway through baking, flip spears and return to oven until they reach a nice golden brown.
- Sprinkle asparagus spears with additional Parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe source: http://evolvingtable