- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pierogies
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2×1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pierogies according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, toss chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat; saute chicken and onion until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat; saute pierogies until lightly browned. Stir in chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; remove from heat and let stand until cheese is melted.
Recipe source: http://tasteofhome