- 1 package Red Velvet Oreos (possibly minus one Oreo for sampling purposes)
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups white chocolate melting candy (you can use Hershey’s, Ghirardelli, CandiQuick, etc)
- 5 ounces (1 cup) semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- sprinkles, optional
- Line baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Place all Oreos in large food processor and set on high until very fine crumbs are formed.
- Transfer to bowl with electric mixer, and add cream cheese. Beat until cream cheese is well combined and no chunks of cream cheese remain.
- You can also do this in a bowl with a spatula, if you don’t mind the extra arm work.
- Scoop out about one tablespoon of the mixture, and form into a ball.
- Place on lined baking sheet. Repeat until rest of the mixture is gone.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, melt white chocolate candy:
- Place the candy in medium bowl and cook in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring well between each interval, until melted.
- Dip each ball into the melted chocolate and let excess run off before letting set up on baking sheet. I used the tutorial linked above.
- Once white chocolate is set, place chocolate chips in plastic baggie and microwave for 30-60 seconds, until melted.
- Snip one corner off baggie and drizzle over the truffles.
- Add sprinkles.
- Let sit until set up. This will be faster if you place the baking sheet in the refrigerator.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in refrigerator.
Recipe source: http://greensnchocolate