- 1 whole chicken giblets removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place whole chicken in a roasting pan. Season with salt & pepper.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, dill, parsley, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic & shallot.
- Generously pour over chicken and rub all over including under the skin.
- If desired, stuff the cavity of the bird with lemon, dill & parsley.
- Roast at 400 degrees for 15 minutes & lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cook for 1-1.5 hours, until the chicken juices run clear.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe source: http://crateandbarrel