- 6 plums underripe work best
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC/400ºF.
- Cut each plum in half and carefully twist them apart.
- Use a spoon to gently remove the stone.
- Pull the tips from the end of the thyme and reserve for serving then place the thyme sprigs in the bottom of a roasting dish.
- Place the plum halves on top of the herbs cut side up.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over the plums, then carefully pour the water around the plum.
- Roast for 15 minutes until the plums are soft and a rich syrup has collected in the bottom of the dish.
- To serve, spoon over a little syrup, add a spoonful of cream and a garnish of fresh thyme and the merest sprinkles of sea salt.
Recipe source: http://sprinklesandsprouts