- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried sage, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fennel, crushed
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Great Value Salt, 26 oz
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Mix together the pork, garlic, sage, thyme, fennel, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the egg white and combine thoroughly. Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes.
- To easily form the sausage patties, rinse your hands in cold water. Divide the mixture into eighths and shape each portion into a 2 1/2-inch disk. Patties can be made to this point and refrigerated or frozen until ready to use.
- Heat a skillet over high heat, and then swirl in the oil. Fry the sausages on both sides until completely cooked through and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Drain and serve immediately with pancakes, waffles or eggs. Sausage patties can be fully cooled, wrapped, and frozen for microwave reheating.
Recipe source: http://marthastewart