- 2 1/4 Cups All Purpose flour
- 1 3/4 Cups Buttermilk more if needed
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter melted and cooled
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp organic raw sugar
- 1 1/4 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Spinach Leaves chopped
- 1/4 Cup Fire Roasted Tomatoes chopped
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, sugar, and leavening agents into a medium sized bowl. Hand whisk together.
- Pour in buttermilk and melted butter. Stir with a wooden spoon until a batter is formed.
- Add cheese, spinach, and tomatoes. Stir until evenly distributed.
- The batter will be thicker than regular waffle/pancake batter but if looks very dry, just add some more buttermilk a Tbsp at a time. (Do not add a lot of buttermilk to make it runny. )
- Spray waffle iron with non stick coconut oil spray.
- Spoon batter into each waffle section ( or 3/4 of entire circle for large single round waffle)
- Batter will be thick so spread across with spoon to cover enough surface area for waffle.
- Close lid and let bake for 8-9 min.
- Remove waffles and serve warm.
Recipe source: http://twocupsflour