- 3/4 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Water, boiling
- 6 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs, room temperature
- Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp plain gelatin
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup diced Strawberries
- 1 tsp Orange Zest
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 package (8 oz) Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Strawberry Glace –
- Prepare the strawberry glace first as it takes a while to set. In a sauce pan, combine all the strawberry glace ingredients, and stir together, bringing them to a boil over medium heat. Break apart large chunks of strawberries that might remain. Remove the from the heat and cool. When cooled slightly, place into a bowl and refrigerate until set, about an hour, or until you are ready to prepare your eclairs.
Cream Cheese Filling –
- In a stand mixer, with a whisk attachment, whip the cream until stiff peaks form. Place into a bowl. Place remaining cream cheese, sugar, salt and vanilla into the mixer and beat until smooth. Gently fold together the whipped cream and the cream cheese until combined completely, and place in the fridge to begin to set. You will pipe these into the eclairs later.
- Clean your stand mixer and have paddle attachment ready.
- For the Eclairs – Pate a choux
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Measure your flour ahead of time so it is ready to combine when needed.
- In a sauce pan, bring to a boil, the butter, sugar, salt and 3/4 cup of water. Immediately remove from the heat and stir in the flour, stirring it constantly until a paste forms and creates a smooth ball. Place the dough into a clean stand mixer. Let the dough rest for about five minutes.
- Turn the mixer onto medium low speed, and crack one egg at a time into the mixture, beating completely in between additions. The mixture should look smooth and shiny before adding in the next egg. Repeat this with all three eggs. When the mixture is done, place it into a piping back and pipe eclairs onto the parchment lined baking sheet. The eclairs should be about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long.
- Bake at 425 for 5 minutes, and then reduce the temperature to 375, continuing to bake for 30 minutes. Do not peek at the eclairs! Turn off the oven and let the shells stand for 10 minutes before removing them. Cool completely.
To assemble –
- Using a sharp serrated knife, split the eclairs into a top and bottom half. Pipe, or spoon, the cheesecake mixture into the bottom half of the eclairs. Top with the strawberry glace. Top with the other half of the eclair. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve!
Recipe source: countrycleaver