- 1 Package Puff Pastry Sheets (there should be two)
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Large Tomato, chopped
- 2 Cups Mexican or Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Handful Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Guacamole, Sour Cream, ranch, salsa for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Allow the puff pastry to defrost on the counter with a towel over it.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add the ground beef and cook until almost completely browned. Drain any fat and add the taco seasoning and water, stirring to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat and allow to cook for another 2-3 minutes or until thickened slightly. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle a little flour on the counter and roll the puff pastry in a rectangle. Repeat with the second sheet.
- Spread the meat mixture over the top and sprinkle with tomatoes, then cheese. Starting with the small end, tightly roll into a log and seal the seam.
- Using a serrated knife, slice into pinwheels and arrange on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool for a minute before arranging on a platter with guacamole, salsa, etc for dipping or garnish them as you’d like before serving.
Recipe source: http://ohsweetbasil