- 1 package (12 ounces) vanilla wafers
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee granules, divided
- 3 tablespoons hot water, divided
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325°. Layer half of the wafers in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, dissolve 2 teaspoons coffee granules in 2 tablespoons hot water; brush 1 tablespoon mixture over wafers. Set remaining mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove half of the filling to another bowl. Dissolve remaining coffee granules in remaining hot water; stir into one portion of filling. Spread over wafers.
- Layer remaining wafers over top; brush with reserved coffee mixture. Spread with remaining filling.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from dish with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- To serve, spread with whipped topping. Dust with cocoa.
Recipe source: http://tasteofhome